Whale Watching Mirissa
Mirissa is the best place to start your whale and dolphin watching tour in Sri Lanka.
In warm Indian ocean you can see Blue whales, Bryde´s whales, Sperm whales, Fin whales, sometimes Killer whales, and Common dolphins, Bottlenose dolphins, Spinner dolphins, Risso’s dolphins and Striped dolphins. Sometimes you can see turtles and various fish species, for example Bluefin tuna and flying fish.
We follow international whale watching rules and protect whales during the whale watching:
- we don´t go too close to the whales (good distance for taking pictures, safe distance for whales)
- we don´t cross whale´s course
- we reduce the boat speed to minimize the noise when we approach the whales
- we stop the engines if whales and dolphins come close to our boat
- our passengers are not allowed to go under the water to take picture of whales, swim with them and touch them
- we don´t throw out any garbage into the ocean
Our whale watching boats
1. big observation boat with observation deck for 35 passengers
2. speed boat for 10 passengers
Don´t forget to take with
- sun glasses, head cover, sun cream
- if you get sea sickness, take the medication 1 hour before boarding or ask our crew for sea sickness pills by boarding
- your camera
- Comfortable Transportation facilities.
- Free Tickets.
- Free Snack.
- Free water.